Lower Your Risk of Skin Cancer with These Everyday Foods
| 2 min read
• Tomatoes – Did you know that tomatoes have a sun protectant built into their red exterior? The antioxidant lycopene is pigmented red and can be found in many fruits and vegetables that share the same bright coloring as tomatoes. Researchers have found that people with a regular intake of tomatoes can handle larger amounts of UV radiation before it becomes harmful.
• Almonds – While most nuts are a great source of Vitamin E, almonds take the gold. Vitamin E helps strengthen the skin’s ability to defend itself. With a stronger exterior, cancer risk decreases as well as potentially damaging your skin permanently.
• Chickpeas – Most commonly found in hummus, chickpeas are members of the legume family. Zinc is one of the many nutrients that can be found in this protein-packed snack. Not only do they boost your immune system, but chickpeas also help to repair DNA – specifically repairing DNA that could lead to different kinds of cancer if left untreated.
• The one thing you aren’t doing to protect your skin from the sun
• 5 Steps to Take Now to Protect Your Skin All Summer