Make Healthy Ranch at Home in Minutes!
| 2 min read
Is ranch dressing your guilty pleasure? If so, I have good news for you: it doesn’t have to make you feel guilty anymore.
If you’re that person at the dining table who bathes your salads, wings or almost anything you eat in ranch dressing, you might want to jot down this recipe for a healthier alternative to the ranch you currently use.
Being the avid ranch lover that I am, I will admit that I was a bit skeptical when I was first introduced to this recipe. I remember saying, ‘There is no way “healthy” ranch is just as good as regular.’ Then, I tried it and after the first taste I was eating my words—literally. It was surprisingly delicious—so much so that I feel the need to share with my fellow ranch lovers.
The best part? It’s so quick and easy to make. All you need is three minutes and six ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen.
This recipe is adapted from 5DollarDinners.com. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Low-fat mayonnaise
- Minced garlic or garlic powder
- 1 lemon
- Dried dill weed
- Black pepper
Directions for two serving sizes:
- In a small bowl, mix 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt and two tablespoons low-fat mayo .
- Squeeze half of your lemon and add to the mixture.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic or garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. (For best taste, I would suggest using freshly ground black pepper.)
- Mix everything together, dip your favorite veggie in, and enjoy!
My favorite part about this recipe is the fact that you can adjust the recipe to your liking. If you want a more tangy taste, add more lemon. If you want the taste of the garlic and pepper to really pop, throw in a little more! For a thicker consistency, you can certainly add more mayo. BUT, beware: the main source of fat in ranch does come from the mayo, so the more yogurt you use, the better.
For more healthy food recipes, check out these articles:
Photo Credit: Becky Stern