9 Meatless Meals to Try This Fall
| 2 min read
Eggplant, kale, squash and pumpkins are all in season right now, which is good news if you want to keep your meals fresh and fun. Another benefit to eating more produce: Incorporating more vegetables into your diet will help boost your intake of fiber and vitamins. Need some mealtime inspiration? These healthy dishes will fill you up and keep you warm all season long:
- Grilled Vegetable Rigatoni: Combine pasta with zucchini and eggplant, which are both in season throughout October, for a great weeknight dinner. Eggplant is also a good source of fiber, which can help keep you full.
- Vegetarian Chili: You won’t even miss meat-filled chili with this super hearty combination of beans (lima, black, cannellini and kidney) and butternut squash.
- Thai Coconut Curry Butternut Squash Soup: Skip the takeout and whip up an Asian meal yourself—this one features butternut squash and can be made spicier if you prefer food with a kick.
- Creamy Pumpkin Pasta: Pumpkins aren’t just good for pies. With this one-pot dinner, you can get your fettuccini alfredo fix without the heavy cream.
- Marinated Kale and Ricotta Pizza: Vegetables are delicious when used to top a pizza. The spotlight here is on kale, which is in season throughout November and is a great source of fiber, folate and magnesium.
- Roasted Butternut Squash Tacos: Add this colorful recipe to your Taco Tuesday menu—especially if you want to increase your fiber and add heart-healthy foods to your diet.
- Coconut Curry with Kale and Sweet Potato: Sweet potatoes are the perfect fall vegetables and are an excellent source of vitamin A.
- Grilled Portobello, Bell Pepper and Goat Cheese Sandwich: Don’t close up the grill yet—before it gets too cold, make this grilled mushroom sandwich. It also features bell peppers, which are rich in vitamin C.
- Kale and Potato Frittata: Don’t forget about breakfast! Kale gets combined with garlic and potatoes to make a filling egg dish.
Photo credit: Bob Peters