Veggie Egg Wonton Muffins
When your favorite football team is playing earlier in the day, breakfast tailgating recipes are a go-to. Making this recipe in a muffin tin helps to keep portion sizes controlled among other tailgate food that tends to be not so healthy.
The best part of this recipe is that you can customize the combination of veggies used to whatever you enjoy. Eggs make for a great high-protein breakfast, which will help give you energy, keep you full and away from the food table throughout the game. If you are on a budget when bringing a dish to a tailgate, eggs are a great choice. Compared to other high-protein foods, they are the best bang for your buck.
Everyone at your tailgate this year will be thankful you brought this creative and unique recipe.
Photo Credit: A Healthier Michigan
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 roma tomato, finely chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. green onion, finely chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Veggie Eggie Wonton Muffins
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Line each cup with 1 wonton wrapper.
3. Distribute spinach, tomato, feta and green onion evenly into each of the 12 muffin cups.
4. Mix eggs, milk, and salt/pepper in medium-sized mixing bowl. Pour mixture evenly into the 12 wonton muffin cups.
5. Gently stir each muffin cup. Bake for about 20 minutes or until eggs fully set. Serve warm. Enjoy!