Delicious Dirty Potatoes with Garlic and Fresh Olive Tapanade
Meals made from potatoes are among the world’s most beloved comfort foods.
Mixed in with garlic and fresh olive tapenade, you really can’t go wrong with this delicious recipe for dirty potatoes.
Photo credit: A Healthier Michigan
- 2 pounds of potatoes (your choice), skin on and sliced into 2 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tbsp. of minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley to garnish
- About ½ pound of kalmata and green olives, pitted
- 1 anchovy fillet, rinsed
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. capers
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- 1-2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Dirty Potatoes Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Prepare potatoes, by tossing in oil, garlic, salt and pepper until evenly coated.
3. Place in one layer on cooking sheet and bake in oven for about 45 minutes until browned and crisp. Flip every 15 minutes for even browning.
4. While potatoes are cooking, prepare olive tapenade.
5. Rinse olives in cool water.
6. Place all ingredients for olive tapenade in food processor. Process to combine thoroughly, until it becomes a coarse paste.
7. When potatoes are done and still hot, toss in olive tapenade. Serve warm. Enjoy!