Spinach and Feta Breakfast Casserole
Breakfast casseroles are a great make-ahead dish that can be kept refrigerated overnight, making breakfast a breeze the next morning.
It can be easy to fall into the same old scramble when it comes to preparing breakfast. This recipe, adapted from Weight Watchers, is an easy and flavorful way to spice up your morning.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, cut in chunks
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup scallions, diced
- 1/4 cup low fat cream cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a medium casserole dish with olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, egg whites, water, salt and pepper until blended.
- Mix in spinach, artichoke hearts, feta, roasted peppers, scallions and cream cheese. You can add other veggies such as green peppers, onions or tomatoes, based on your preference.
- Pour the egg mixture into casserole dish and bake until set, about 20 minutes.
You can also use a muffin tin instead of a casserole dish to make easy, on-the-go individual servings of this dish.
What ingredients do you put in a breakfast casserole?
If you enjoyed this blog, you might also enjoy reading:
- Quick and Easy Breakfast Ideas for Kids
- Slow Cooker Recipes: Better Breakfasts
- Healthy No-Bake Breakfast Cookies
Photo credit: jeffreyw