Ways to Celebrate Random Acts of Kindness Each Day
| 2 min read
Kind words and actions can seem so small, but their effects are truly endless ~ Author Unknown
A random act of kindness is a selfless act of helping someone out, whether it may be by assisting them with something or just simply cheering them up.
A small gesture can make someone’s day. Don’t underestimate what the impact of a random act of kindness can bring to someone who may need it. It’s not only something special for the receiver, but also you may feel happy you’ve done something nice for someone else, too.
Random Act of Kindness Day comes around every February, but this doesn’t mean it’s the only day you need to perform acts of kindness.
Here are some simple ways you can celebrate kindness every day:
- Smile, this can make anyone’s day brighter.
- Say “I love you” to someone you love, just because.
- Buy a co-worker or friend a coffee or their favorite beverage.
- Post an inspirational quote on your social media page to motivate someone.
- Say “good morning” to the person next to you in line or in the elevator.
- Give back to the community by volunteering for the day.
- Compliment a stranger.
- Pay for the lunch for the person behind you.
- Donate clothes you don’t wear anymore — someone out there is in need of them.
- Write something nice on someone’s Facebook wall, or comment on their post.
- Be encouraging!
- Be someone’s ear to listen if they need to vent.
- Call a family member you’ve “been meaning to call.” We’ve all been there.
- Hold the door open for someone.
Whatever act of kindness you decide to share, know that you may make someone’s day a little bit brighter. They too may pass on an act of kindness to someone else.
Have you received a random act of kindness, or maybe you were the doer? Tell us your story in the comments below.
Read more about this topic by checking out these blogs:
Photo Credit: Heath Brandon