How Food Can Boost Your Mental Health
| 3 min read
- Focus on eating high-quality, nutrient-dense foods
- Incorporate fruits and vegetables in each meal
- Choose Omega-3 foods like walnuts, chia seeds and salmon
- Add B Vitamins with whole grains, chicken breast, fatty fish, potatoes and bananas
- Get Vitamin C with citrus fruits, strawberries and red peppers
- Berries: Blueberries, raspberries and other berries are little antioxidant jewels. Eat them either fresh or frozen. Diets rich in berries have been shown to reduce inflammation in the body, which can cause chronic diseases.
- Dark chocolate: This sweet treat not only tastes good, its flavonoid compounds can boost brain health and may also improve mood.
- Nuts and seeds: Nuts are great for snacking. They’re packed with good fats, minerals and nutrients. Studies have shown that people who eat moderate amounts of nuts each week have lower levels of depression.