Easy Snacks for Heart Health
| 3 min read
- Munch on snacks that crunch: Raw veggies are not just for salads. Baby carrots, strips of colorful peppers, fresh green beans and snappy pea pods are all refreshing snacks that fill you up.
- Air-popped popcorn: Shake on a flavorful seasoning and enjoy some whole-grain goodness that is good for you.
- Mixed nuts: Pour out a handful of cashews, walnuts, almonds or pecans. Or add in sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds for a good-fat mix that will take the edge off your hunger until mealtime.
- Whole grain toast: Spread it with a little hummus, peanut butter or almond butter for a fast fill-up.
- Freeze a whole banana, then spread it with a spoonful of peanut butter.
- Make a fruit salad: Slice an apple or mango into chunks, then add fresh berries and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Easy parfait: Layer fresh blueberries or strawberries with low-fat yogurt.
- Mash a whole avocado, add your favorite seasoning and spread it on a slice of whole-wheat bread or a pita.
- Slice tomatoes and cucumbers into a bowl and douse with vinaigrette.
- Create mini tuna sandwiches: Pair a whole wheat cracker, a spoonful of tuna and some low-fat cheese.