10 Frozen Treats To Enjoy This Summer, Without All The Calories
| 2 min read
On hot summer days, I still look forward to hearing the ice cream truck’s music coming down the road. When I was young and I heard the truck coming, I would run home as fast as I could to get some money from my parents, and then back outside just in time for a sweet treat. I’m sure you can relate.
Watching Your Figure
As an adult, I prefer a low-fat option, and I can’t always get that from the ice cream truck – bummer, right? Ice cream and frozen treats sure are tasty – especially in the summer – but are the calories worth it?
The truth is, you really can indulge without all the guilt. I found some low-calorie frozen treats you should try. Keep these in your freezer for when that craving for sweets hits you:
- Good Humor Sugar Free Creamsicle – 25 calories
- Tropicana Orange Bar – 30 calories
- Dole Strawberry Fruit and Juice Bar – 30 calories
- Minute Maid All Natural Juice Bars – 50 calories
- Nestle Push Up Pop – 70 calories
- Jell-O Pudding Pops – 90 calories
- Skinny Cow Low Fat Fudge Bar – 100 calories
- Good Humor Fudge Bar – 100 calories
- Weight Watchers English Toffee Crunch – 110 calories
- Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwich – 140 calories
If you have the time, an even healthier option would be to make your own fresh fruit smoothie. Then, you get your servings of fruit in as well.
Don’t Forget: Read Labels
If you prefer low-fat or sugar-free ice cream, yogurt or sherbet, make sure you read the label because the serving size is key. Usually the serving size is around a half cup, which isn’t much at all. Just something to keep in mind.
What are your favorite healthy, frozen treats in the summer time?
Photo credit: LifeSuperCharger