Michigan’s Best Farmers Markets
In addition to connecting communities to fresh, farm-grown food, farmers markets often serve as community hubs, offering up a wealth of health and wellness benefits, services and educational programming.
We couldn’t possibly include all of them in the state, but here are just a few of our favorites:
- Detroit Eastern Market is one of the oldest and largest year-round markets in the United States. You can buy fruits and veggies as well as gourmet products (jams and syrups), flowers and meat. 2934 Russell Street, Detroit
- The Fulton Street Farmers Market in Grand Rapids is almost a century old and features 118 outdoor booths with an amazing assortment of fruits, vegetables, meats, dairy and hand-crafted foods each market day, which fall on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. 1145 Fulton Street East, Grand Rapids
- Ann Arbor Farmers Market has been around for more than 90 years and runs every Wednesday and Saturday. Not only can you buy fresh produce and plants here, but there are a lot of food vendors selling prepared items, too. 315 Detroit Street, Ann Arbor
- Three times a week (Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays), the Flint Farmers Market opens to the public. In addition to fresh fruits and veggies, you can usually find musicians, artists and story tellers tucked alongside delicious food vendors. 300 E. First Street, Flint
- The Mount Clemens Farmers Market provides a great, open-air experience where farmers and customers chat freely. Staples such as corn, flowers and pumpkins are mixed with rarer treats such as okra, Italian eggplants, raw honey-in-the-comb, and more. 141 North River Road, Mount Clemens
- The Eighth Street Farmers Market in Holland has almost every food item you could need, from fruits and vegetables to honey, herbs, spices, eggs, cheese and meat. It’s open Wednesdays and Saturdays and usually has fun events like local chef demos and children’s activities. 150 W. 8th St., Holland
- The Manistique Farmers Market in the Upper Peninsula is small but mighty. Wednesday evenings you’ll find whitefish, walnuts, ground flours, honey, herbs, eggs, and produce like strawberries and kale (whatever’s in season!). 180 N. Maple St., Manistique
- The Kalamazoo Farmers Market counts more than 100 local farmers, artisans and food producers, most operating within 60 miles of Kalamazoo. Visit every Saturday May through November. 1204 Bank Street, Kalamazoo
- At the Downtown Big Rapids Farmers Market, you’ll find locally-grown produce, perennials, eggs, cheese, baked goods, honey, maple syrup and much more. Visit on Tuesdays and Fridays from May through October. 226 N. Michigan Ave., Big Rapids
If you dig this list but would like to find even more Michigan farmers markets, this interactive map helps you find the location of the nearly 300 farmers markets operating across the state.
Like this post? Give these a gander?
- Stinking Good – Reap the Health Benefits of Garlic
- 10 Questions You Should Be Asking at the Farmers Market
- What to Expect on Your First Visit to a Michigan Farmers Market
Photo credit: Getty Images
(Visited 3,595 times, 1 visits today)
Read 26 Comments
You definitely missed the mark not including the Midland Farmers market and their food trucks!
Brighton Farmers Market!
Marquette, you missed one of the best.
The new Flint Farmers Market opened in June. The place looks amazing and the crowds have been unbelievable. It’s hands down the best market in Michigan, or the whole Midwest for that matter.
One of the best of them all is Farmington!
Fabuolous community support and pride for this jewel market . Check the website. Click on treasures and watch the video…
This market has vibe…
Come and see us in Harbor Springs, every Wednesday and Saturday from 9 to 1. We’re not the biggest market in Northern Michigan…just the best!
The Marquette farmer’s market in the Upper Peninsula is pretty wonderful.
Davison Farmers Market in Davison Michigan
The Bank Street farmers market in Kalamazoo!!
Pond Hill Farm in Harbor Springs, MI! Farm, winery, brewery, market, ice cream shop, farm to table dinners, and fun for the family!! http://www.pondhill.com
Harbor Springs Farmer’s Market is my favorite & I am anxious for summer & all the wonderful local products I will find there !!
Harbor Springs farmer’s Market is the best!
Just north of Ionia, this family owned 2nd generation farm starts everything by seed and plants by hand on fields. Sarah makes the best apple fritters around. Everything is homegrown and homemade in their farm market.
Big Rapids has a wonderful farmer’s market for such a small town.
Gladstone, MI evrry Monday also in the UP
Harbor Springs Farmers Market is wonderful. Wednesdays and Saturdays through the summer. It has a great small town feel, located right on the main street.
Mt.clemens farmers market
when is the market open and where in Mt Clemens?
Hi Lynda! The Mt. Clemens Farmers Market is currently open on Friday and Saturday from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Starting in July, the market will also be open on Wednesday afternoons from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. The farmers market is located at 141 North River Road. For more information, you can visit the market’s website: http://www.mountclemensfarmersmarket.com. Thanks!
Farmington is top shelf!!! Great vibe, all Michigan, festive, fun and welcoming. You can easily spend an hour or two hanging out!
We love our Canton Farmer’s Market! Its open on Sundays from 9am to 1pm. They have been making it more family friendly, by adding kids crafts and a kid’s produce club to the market! my 3 old year daughter loves it!
I love BLOCKS Farm Market on Eureka at Middlebelt! THE BEST!!! open now thru October….
I love Blocks Farm Market located on Eureka rd at Middlebelt. Open in May for flowers then July thru October they are the BEST!!