Zucchini pie is an easy, meatless meal that the whole family will love. You can enjoy it for breakfast, lunch or dinner too. Whenever you cook dinner at home, make sure to double the recipe to make enough leftovers to bring for lunch throughout the week.
Photo Credit: A Healthier Michigan
- 4 cups of thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 cup of diced onions
- 2 Tbsp. parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. dried basil or 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups of your favorite low-fat shredded cheese
- 1 can low-fat crescent rolls
- 2 tsp. of mustard
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. In a 12-inch skillet use cooking spray to cook zucchini and onions over medium heat. This will take about 7 minutes, stir occasionally. Add spices and herbs; parsley, pepper, salt, garlic, basil and oregano.
3. Mix eggs and cheese together in large bowl. Then slowly add vegetable mixture.
4. In a 10-inch pie plate, form 8 crescent roll pieces into crust pushed against the edges of the pie plate. Seal tightly between pieces. Then spread mustard along crust.
5. Pour egg and zucchini mixture into crust-lined dish. 6. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until knife comes out clean when inserted in the center. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!