Easy Peanut Butter Dog Treats
About 65 percent of U.S. households have a pet. It’s important to take care of your pets’ health, just as they help us humans with our health. Having an animal around can improve your cholesterol and lower your blood pressure—two factors that reduce your risk for heart disease and heart attacks.
Do-it-yourself treats provide dogs with a safe, healthy alternative to store-bought food. When you make dog treats from scratch, you can select the healthiest ingredients possible. Dogs can develop intolerance and allergies to certain foods at any time and often have problems with more than one ingredient, which homemade treats can help prevent.
Photo Credit: A Healthier Michigan
- 2 cups flour of choice (you can also combine a couple of different flours)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
Easy Peanut Butter Treats for Dogs
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Either spray baking sheet or use parchment paper.
2. Mix together your flour, peanut butter and eggs in a large bowl until slightly combined.
3. Add in a little bit of water (approximately one Tbsp at a time) until the mixture becomes wet enough to roll out as dough.
4. Roll out your dough & cut out your favorite shapes with cookie cutters or by hand.
5. Place your treats onto a prepared baking sheet & cook for about 15 minutes.
6. Store in the refrigerator in a sealed container for 10-14 days. I hope your pup enjoys!