Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Pinwheels
The festive colors in this recipe are a great way to ring in the Fourth of July.
The bleu cheese is a great source of protein. It contains beneficial amounts of magnesium for strong bones and vitamin B12 for a better functioning nervous system.
The cheese choice in this recipe minimizes the amount of fat, saturated fat and calories.
Photo Credit: A Healthier Michigan
- 8 oz. low-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup hot wing sauce or cayenne pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup blue cheese
- 1 cup colbyjack cheese
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 2-3 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 lb. chicken breast cooked and shredded or 1 lb. rotisserie chicken shredded or chopped
- 6 Blue corn flour tortillas
Independence Day Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Pinwheels
1. In a bowl, beat cream cheese on low and add in sauce, blue cheese, Colby ¬jack cheese, and green onions. Beat until blended.
2. Stir shredded chicken and red pepper into mixture by hand.
3. Spread approximately 3/4 cup of mixture on top of one of the tortillas.
4. Roll up tortilla tightly, but without shifting the mixture too much. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Place rolled tortillas on a plate and cover with plastic wrap. Ideally, refrigerate for 2¬4 hours, if unable to do so for this long, some time is better than no time.
5. Remove from refrigerator and unwrap. Slice each rolled tortillas in half and then each half into 3 slices, discarding ends. Place pinwheel slices on serving plate or tray. Enjoy!