How to Make Healthy Snail and Worm Snacks for Kids
One of the best ways to encourage children to eat a healthier, more well-rounded diet is having conversations about food and good nutrition, encouraging them to make healthy choices and getting them in the kitchen.
Here is an easy recipe to get started with. Much like “ants on a log,” this cute and healthy snack is something the family can create together.
It takes 10-12 tries for our palette to acquire a taste for foods. Don’t give up after the first few tries if your child is resilient towards certain healthy foods.
Photo credit: A Healthier Michigan
- Grape Tomatoes
- Peanut butter
- Low-fat cream cheese
- Candy eyeballs
- Your favorite fruits and vegetables – get creative
Healthy Snail and Worm Snacks
1. Spread peanut butter or cream cheese into celery stalks.
2. Design “snails” and “worms” with the variety of fruits and vegetables.
3. Use honey or peanut butter to adhere candy eyes onto the snails and worms.
4. Make with your family and enjoy!