Peanut Butter Hazelnut “Bunny Poop” Recipe
This fun, non-traditional spring treat is guaranteed to make the family smile while sneaking in some good nutrition.
An average chocolate bunny (not hollowed) contains somewhere around 900 calories. A serving of “bunny poop” is about 93 calories (with 4 bunny poops).
In moderation, dark chocolate is a great alternative to other traditional Easter candy. It is a powerful source of antioxidants and phytochemicals and can even lower cholesterol and blood pressure.
The nut butter and chia (or flax) seed provides protein and fiber to sustains hunger and cleanse the system. Instead of using Nutella, try making your own chocolate hazelnut spread with our recipe here.
Photo credit: A Healthier Michigan
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup homemade chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1/3 cup of peanut butter
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 10 dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
Peanut Butter Hazelnut "Bunny Poop" Recipe
1. Combine all ingredients together in a food processor and pulse until combined.
2. Cover mixture and transfer to the refrigerator for about 30-60 minutes. (This will slightly harden the mixture and make it easier to form into balls.)
3. When mixture is cool, remove and roll into ½ inch-sized balls. Enjoy immediately, or refrigerate in a covered container.
• Calories 93.5
• Total Fat 4.2 g
• Saturated Fat 1.4 g
• Polyunsaturated Fat 0.3 g
• Monounsaturated Fat 0.1 g
• Cholesterol 0.0 mg
• Sodium 17.8 mg
• Potassium 73.5 mg
• Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
• Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
• Sugars 8.9 g
• Protein 1.9 g