Chocolate Peanut Butter “Bunny Poop”
An average chocolate bunny (not hollowed) contains somewhere around 900 calories. A serving of “bunny poop” is about 93 calories (with 4 bunny poops).
Photo credit: A Healthier Michigan
- 1 cup dates, pitted (if dry, soak in warm water for 10 minutes, then drain well)
- 3 tbsp. all natural salted peanut or almond butter
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds (you can substitute flax or hemp seeds)
- 2/3 cup rolled oats of choice
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bunny Poop
1. Pulse dates in a food processor or blender until they’re in small pieces or it forms a ball.
2. Add oats, chocolate, chia seeds and peanut butter and pulse or mix until combined. You want there to be consistently small pieces but not overly processed.
3. Carefully roll into ½ inch balls (to resemble bunny poop), using the warmth of your hands to mold them together. Should yield about 30 little balls.
4. To set, pop in fridge or freezer for 15 minutes. Otherwise, eat as is! Will keep fresh in an air-tight bag or container for up to a week. Freeze for longer term storage. Enjoy!
• Calories 93.5
• Total Fat 4.2 g
• Saturated Fat 1.4 g
• Polyunsaturated Fat 0.3 g
• Monounsaturated Fat 0.1 g
• Cholesterol 0.0 mg
• Sodium 17.8 mg
• Potassium 73.5 mg
• Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
• Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
• Sugars 8.9 g
• Protein 1.9 g