Hydrate Right With This Watermelon Agua Fusion
Sick of drinking plain water? This refreshing agua fusion makes a yummy alternative.
Watermelons are made up of nearly 92 percent water and cucumbers consisting of about 96 percent, so dehydration will be the least of your worries.
Thought this could only be a summer drink? Think again! Watermelon cucumber and mint are in season throughout early fall. This fusion can kick the kid’s craving for sugary drinks or even be frozen to make a tasty Popsicle.
If you liked this recipe, check out these articles below and be sure to subscribe to get Food updates from A Healthier Michigan right to your inbox.
Photo Credit: Helen Carlisle, A Healthier Michigan
- Cherry, Watermelon, Grapefruit and Basil Frozen Pops
- Grilled Watermelon Pizza Popsicles
- Michigan Watermelon: 9 Ways to Go Beyond the Wedge
- ¼ cup fresh key lime juice
- ¼ cup of water
- 3–4 pound seedless watermelon, peeled and cubed
- 1 cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 lime, cleaned thoroughly and cut into slices
- Mint leaves for garnish or may muddle in
Watermelon Agua Fusion
1. In a blender, combine lime juice with ¼ cup water. Add watermelon and cucumber and blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
2. Pour mixture into a pitcher along with slices of lime.
3. Refrigerate and serve cold. Optional: muddle mint into drink before serving or just garnish with mint leaves.
Nutrition Info per Serving :
1 serving = ~6 ounces
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 0.6 g
Saturated Fat 0.1 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2 g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 0.0 mg
Sodium 3.9 mg
Potassium 218.6 mg
Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
Sugars 8.5 g
Protein 1.1 g
Vitamin A 0.9 %
Vitamin B-12 0.0 %
Vitamin B-6 1.6 %
Vitamin C 10.4 %
Vitamin D 0.0 %
Vitamin E 0.3 %
Calcium 0.9 %
Copper 2.0 %
Folate 2.1 %
Iron 0.7 %
Magnesium 1.9 %
Manganese 2.0 %
Niacin 0.2 %
Pantothenic Acid 1.4 %
Phosphorus 1.3 %
Riboflavin 0.9 %
Selenium 0.1 %
Thiamin 1.3 %
Zinc 0.7 %
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Recipe Inspired by Clean Plates