Tips for Getting Started with a Morning Routine
Mornings are not easy, especially if you have to wake up early, but as the saying goes, “the early bird catches the worm.” In fact, some of the world’s most successful entrepreneurs including Mark Zuckerberg, Simon Cowell and Tory Burch start each day with a routine.
Having a morning routine doesn’t just mean brushing your hair and teeth. Its about skipping the snooze button and taking 20 to 30 minutes every morning to help kick-start your day.
Everyone has something different that helps them get their morning started. Here are a few ideas of things to do to help make mornings more productive:
- Start your morning off with a glass of water and lemon. Drinking water first thing can help get your metabolism going.
- Eat breakfast. Starting your day off with breakfast can help set you up for the rest of the day. Trying new breakfast foods can help keep you from getting bored of eating the same thing every morning.
- Make your bed. Before leaving for the day try to make your bed. It can give the feeling of being organized and ready to start the day. It is also nice to be able to get into a nicely made bed after a long day, which can help us feel more relaxed.
- Stretch or workout. When you first wake up, a stretch or workout can help wake up your muscles and get your body moving for the day. You don’t even have to go to the gym. There are plenty of seven minute workouts you can enjoy in the comfort of your home.
- Read the morning news. Start off your morning by reading the top trending stories in the news or on your favorite social media platform. Making time to catch up on what’s going on in the world is helps you be informed and can give you better insight on what’s going on for the day.
- Smile. A smile can go a long way. Smiling not only affects you, but those around you as well. Taking time to smile each morning can help inspire positivity throughout the day.
If you’re not a morning person and find getting into a routine can be tough, try these five ways to wake up happy every day.
Do you follow a morning routine each day? What are some of the things you find to be most helpful? Let us know by leaving a comment below.
Check out these blogs for more about the importance of the morning:
- Why the First Hour of Your Day is the Most Important
- 10 Uplifting Quotes to Say to Yourself Every Morning
- Your Fitness Questions Answered: The 5 best exercises for your daily routine
Photo credit: Nicki Varkevisser