Stressed? Get Organized and Relax
Living in chaos can create stress. Whether you’re beleaguered by clutter, disorganized with your schedule, or carrying excess emotional baggage, disorder can make you feel frazzled and deprive you of your sanity.
According to the Mayo Clinic, “stress is a normal psychological and physical reaction to the ever-increasing demands of life. Surveys show that many Americans experience challenges with stress at some point during the year.”
The good news? Getting organized might not be as hard as you think.
Here are our top tips to get your life organized so you can stress less:
- Over-extending yourself can cause stress. Learn to say “no” to too many commitments.
- Always make time for sleep. Read our tips on how to make it happen.
- Know where your time goes. By not understanding how you spend your time, you might be overestimating how much you really have. Make sure to keep a schedule and track your time. Check out free time tracking tools such as Toggl.
In addition to keeping an organized schedule, it’s important to be organized at home, work and even in your car.
- Clean your home regularly. Spend a small amount of time picking up and doing chores every day so you don’t have to spend your whole weekend doing a deep clean.
- Keep everything in a designated space. You’ll eliminate a lot of stress by not always having to search for things you use a lot, such as your keys.
- Get rid of things you don’t need by giving them away, recycling, or pitching. Getting rid of clutter can help you streamline your life, another way to reduce stress.
Taking the time to be organized with your time and in your home are huge steps to take when it comes to managing stress. Put in the work and look forward to more peaceful days! Share your thoughts in the comments below.
If you liked this post, check these out:
- Break Free From the Stressed-Out, Not-Sleeping Cycle
- Identifying Triggers Can Help Manage Stress
- Dance Your Way to a Happier, Stress-Free Life
Photo Credit: Anna Gutermuth