Transform a Slice of Toast into an Amazing Breakfast
Okay, it’s true. A plain slice of whole wheat toast isn’t all that exciting. But that simple starch can be turned into the perfect breakfast if you top it the right way. You probably already know you can plop a fried egg on top or spread some plain peanut butter on it, but get more creative! These exciting combinations will wake up your taste buds while keeping you full until lunchtime:
- Spread one wedge of Laughing Cow cheese over the toast, then top with slices of fresh avocado and sprinkle with Sriracha (or another chili sauce you like).
- Lightly spread a layer of peanut butter and top with diced celery and raisins – it’s ants on a log for grown-ups!
- Give a little crunch to your cottage cheese by adding it to toast along with thin apple slices and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Treat yourself to a heathy spin on a BLT by topping your toast with a thin layer of avocado, sliced tomato and crumbled turkey bacon.
- Take a cue from the classic tea sandwich and add a smidge of light cream cheese along with thinly sliced smoked salmon and cucumber.
To ensure you start with a good base, select a whole wheat toast made from 100 percent whole grain flour. It has more fiber than white toast, meaning it will keep you satisfied longer.
This blog post is part of #HealthyMe, a personalized web experience based on your health and wellness goals. To sign up today, visit http://www.
Photo credit: revedavlon.com