Chili Glazed Salmon with Brown Rice
This recipe is sure to add a twist to your favorite salmon dish- and of course provide plenty of health benefits too!
Salmon is a great source of protein, omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants. Brown rice is a whole grain that is loaded with fiber to aid in digestion.
Photo credit: Michael Litchfield Photography
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce with garlic
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions (about three green onions)
- 1 ½ tablespoons low-sugar orange marmalade
- ¾ teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 4- to 6-ounce salmon fillets
- Cooking spray
Chili Glazed Salmon
1. Preheat broiler. Meanwhile, combine first four ingredients in a small bowl and brush half of chili sauce mixture over salmon fillets.
2. Place fillets, skin side down, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray first. Broil fish for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from oven, brush with remaining chili sauce mixture, and broil 2 more minutes until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until cooked to your liking. Serve while hot and enjoy!
Nutritional Information Per Serving (Makes 4 Servings):
Per serving: 162 calories; 6.3g total fat; 2.4g carbohydrates; 19.7g protein
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 ½ cups cold water
1. Start by bringing the water to a boil.
2. Add the rice and bring it back to a boil. Give it one stir.
3. Cover the pot, lower the heat to a simmer and set a timer. It can take 45-55 minutes to cook brown rice until the water is completely absorbed.
Nutritional Information (Makes 1 Serving):
Per serving: 108 calories; 0.9g total fat; 22.4g carbohydrates; 2.5g protein