Healthy No Bake Breakfast Cookies
- 1 cup of dry oats
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds, unsalted (or substitute chia seeds)
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup of dried fruit, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup of ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (or substitute Nutella)
- 1/4 cup of chunky peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Stir all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
Now test the consistency: If it sticks together, you are ready to make your cookie bites. If your batter is too dry, then add some more peanut butter or honey. If it is too wet, add some more oats or flax seed.
Roll your bites into about 1-inch balls and place them in the refrigerator to set for about half an hour. Remember to store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
1 serving = 1 cookie; makes 16 cookies
Calories – 116.9 g
Total fat – 6.3 g
Total carbohydrates – 13.4 g
Sugars – 4.3 g
Protein – 2.5 g
Photo credit: Michael Litchfield Photography