Your Favorites: A Healthier Michigan’s Top 5 Recipe Posts of 2011
With only two days left in 2011, I always like to take a little time to reflect on the year and what I accomplished. It is also a good time to get organized for 2012 and see what healthy and other changes you want to make for the New Year to come.
If modifying your recipes is a goal for 2012, the posts below provide recipes for any meal from seasonal to classic. Always remember to look at the nutritional information and serving size when trying a new recipe so you know what portion size you can have and still stay within your calorie budget.
Top 5 Favorite Recipes for 2011:
- 11 Healthy and Delicious Summer Recipes — This was also the favorite reader post of 2011. This post provides healthy recipes from beverages with and without alcohol, appetizers and desserts.
- 7 Healthy Apple Recipes for the Fall Season — This post provides apple recipes, substitutions for baking healthier, a list of apple orchards in Michigan and even Angie Jenkins’ favorite apple pie recipe.
- Your Recipes: 19 Great Ideas for the Fall Bounty — Grace Dietitian asked her connections on Facebook and Twitter to share their favorite fall recipes. See what delicious recipes Grace chose for this post.
- Shape up Your Slider: 4 Healthier Hamburger Alternatives — Nothing compares to a great burger. Read how you can make your burger healthier so you can eat them guilt-free!
- 6 Great Health Benefits of Eggs (and 7 ‘Egg-ceptional’ recipes) — Great recipe ideas for any meal. Also see how eggs are good for you.
Here’s to a happy, safe and healthy New Year Cheer!!
Photo credit: Dalboz17