11 Delicious Dip Ideas for Mother’s Day
Mother’s Day – a day for commemoration and celebration for Mom. It is a time for breakfast in bed, family gatherings and homemade gifts and flowers and also one of the few days of the year when all of us moms are pampered – just a little bit. For me, this means not having to work too hard in the kitchen.
Tasty and Easy
Since our entire family likes to gather for special occasions, I discovered a great way to provide a healthy meal without spending much time in the kitchen. We enjoy a mid-afternoon buffet table with lots of healthy dips. We have items such as whole wheat crackers, fresh vegetables and fruits to accompany the dips. Here are a few of my family favorites:
- Broccoli, Bell Peppers, Celery, Cauliflower & Low-Fat Ranch Dressing / Dip
- Fresh Sliced Mushrooms & Dill Dip
- Pumpernickel Bread & Spinach Dip
- Whole Wheat Crackers & Light Cheese Spread
- Baby Carrots & Guacamole
- Bananas & Peanut Butter
- Pita Bread & Hummus
- Sliced Cucumbers & Falafel
- Baked Corn Chips & Salsa
- Low-Fat Pretzels & Hot Mustard
- Strawberries, Bananas, Apples, Pineapple, Kiwi, & Light Whipped Cream
NOTE: if you want to earn a few extra points with Mom, melt some chocolate for dipping juicy strawberries. Dips are simple – and afterwards – there really isn’t much cleaning to do.
After everyone has finished eating, enjoy some time outdoors with Mom and do what my family does and take a nice, relaxing walk together. Don’t forget the camera – it’s a perfect opportunity to take some great family photos.
Happy Mother’s Day!
Photo Credit: Sifu Renka