The Benefits of Group Therapy
| 3 min read
- All in this together: Group therapy shows group members that they are not alone, and that, while every situation is unique, others are on similar journeys as you.
- Gives hope: Young group members often can see how far older group members have come in their recoveries, which instills hope and determination for the younger ones.
- Sharing information: Group members can share personal stories, if they choose, on how it was growing up, how their shared experience influenced their decision making and what members do now to overcome challenges.
- Group bonding: Members have the opportunity to encourage, help and stand in solidarity with other group members as they work toward a common goal. This can bring a sense of purpose and belonging to the group.
- Overcoming Depression, Anxiety and Bipolar Disorder Group
- Grief and Loss
- Women’s Empowerment Group
- Life Skills Group
- Relapse Prevention Group
- Relaxation Group
- Anger Management Group
- Self-Esteem Group
- Parenting Group