25 Ways to Treat Yourself
| 2 min read
Work weeks can seem endless, and sometimes you need something to brighten up your day. There are so many small, inexpensive ways to treat yourself to get through the week, from good food to spending time with loved ones. You don’t have to spend a fortune or an entire day to do something good for yourself.
Discover some self-care ideas that won’t break the bank:
- Light candles and take a bubble bath
- Go to lunch or happy hour with coworkers
- Get your favorite drink from Starbucks – any fellow iced coffee lovers out there?
- Buy yourself flowers – Trader Joe’s has a great selection of inexpensive flowers!
- Try journaling
- Read a book
- Do something active you love – ride a bike or go hiking with a friend
- Schedule a workout class or just block off time for the gym
- Make your favorite meal for dinner
- Take a day off work if you can and hang out with a friend, your spouse or kids
- Get ice cream
- Give yourself a manicure
- Go for a walk during lunch
- Do something crafty
- Order carryout for dinner
- Organize your life – tidy your room and start using a calendar – being organized has been proven to reduce stress and depression
- Play with puppies at your local animal shelter
- Bring a treat to work for you and your coworkers to share – dark chocolate covered berries are a healthier, tasty option
- Enjoy a glass of wine one night
- Buy new makeup or lotion
- Go to Target and browse the dollar section
- Take some photos – photograph some flowers, your family or food
- If it’s nice out, have a backyard bonfire
- Watch a movie
- Buy a few magazines and relax on the couch
Putting yourself first can be hard but it isn’t selfish! Being kind to yourself and paying attention to your physical and mental health is vital to a happy life. Life is short, so do the things you love. What’s your favorite way to treat yourself during the week?
For more self-care content, check these out:
Photo credit: Natalie Bennett