Ideas and a Recipe for Celebrating Mom in a Healthy Way
| 2 min read
- Create a menu with simple options — such as toast, oatmeal and fruit — and bring mom breakfast in bed.
- Let children select flowers at the store or pick wildflowers from a field or nearby state park.
- Have children write their favorite memory about Mom on a card or write a letter.
- Restage a funny photo from your childhood but at your current age.
- Compile a sentimental video to the tune of her favorite song using photos and videos. Many free phone applications make it simple to do so, even for first-time videographers.
- Interview your mother with questions you’ve always wanted to ask and get to know her on a deeper level. For example, “Tell me about your favorite childhood memories.”
- Make a donation to a cause Mom cares about in her name.
1⁄2 head of watermelon
1 cup arugula
3 tbsp pistachios, chopped
1⁄4 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
2 limes, juiced and zested, divided
1⁄4 cup olive oil
1⁄2 serrano pepper, minced
1 tsp honey
1⁄4 tsp salt
Combine oil, 2 Tbsp. lime juice, zest from 1 lime, serrano pepper, honey and salt and whisk to combine dressing.
Cut watermelon into 1-inch square pieces or use a melon baller to scoop balls of the watermelon.
Combine watermelon and arugula with dressing. Top with pistachios and feta cheese crumbles.