Campus Fresh: College Town Farmers Markets in Michigan
| 2 min read
Between the endless intake of hot dogs and burgers during tailgate season and the destructive stress-eating habits of finals season, it really does feel as though it’s impossible to stay healthy during college. Take it from this recent college grad – I know the feeling!
One thing I learned in college is that many times, the first step in staying healthy begins with simply knowing where to go for healthy food options. This is especially hard for college students who are moving to a campus away from their hometowns and have no idea where to go for something fresh and wholesome.
Navigating a new campus is hard enough, let alone going on a search for a go-to place for healthy food. Not to worry. Check out this round up of friendly neighborhood farmers markets near college campuses around Michigan. There might be one closer to your school than you think!
University of Michigan – Ann Arbor
- Ann Arbor Farmers Market (eight minute walk from campus)
- Westside Farmers Market (seven minute drive from campus)
Michigan State University -East Lansing
- East Lansing Farmers Market (six minute walk from campus)
- Fresh Thyme Farmers Market (three minute walk from campus)
Central Michigan University – Mt. Pleasant
- Mt. Pleasant Farmers Market (four minute drive from campus)
Western Michigan University – Kalamazoo
- Kalamazoo Farmers Market (six minute drive from campus)
Eastern Michigan University – Ypsilanti
- Ypsilanti Depot Town Farmers Market (four minute drive, 15 minute walk from campus)
Northern Michigan University – Marquette
- Farmer Q’s Market (seven minute drive from campus)
- Downtown Marquette Farmers Market (three minute drive from campus)
Grand Valley State University – Allendale
- GVSU Farmers Market (On Campus: Parking Lot G)
Ferris State University – Big Rapids
- Downtown Big Rapids Farmers Market (three minute drive, 15 minute walk from campus)
Lake Superior State University – Sault Ste. Marie
- Parmer’s Farm Market (four minute drive from campus)
Kettering University – Flint
- Flint Farmers’ Market (seven minute drive from campus)
Do you know of any great places to eat clean at your alma mater or any of Michigan’s other awesome colleges? Comment and let us know!
For more ways to stay healthy during your hectic days in college, check out these posts:
Photo Credit: Joseph Morris