Michigan May Bucket List: 10 Ideas for a Marvelous Month
| 2 min read
Topping our list of must-do activities this month? Getting outdoors every chance we get in a variety of ways.
Whether you want to hop on a bike, celebrate spring blooms, try a new sport or browse the produce in your local open-air market, May is a great month to open your windows and feel the freedom that comes after a long, hard winter.
- Get outside by giving disc golfing a spin. By sheer number, Michigan is near the top of the list when it comes to disc golf courses, according to the Professional Disc Golf Association.
- Head to Holland for the annual Tulip Time Festival, which celebrates the eponymous flowers and the Dutch heritage of the community.
- Plan your own Cinco de Mayo fest with these healthier takes on traditional recipes.
- Welcome migratory birds back by making these kid-friendly DIY feeders.
- While some are open year-round, many Michigan farmers markets will open back up this month. Support local growers by buying up their fresh, flavorful offerings. If you’ve never been to a farmers market, here’s why you should.
- Want to grow your own veggies this summer? Michigan’s growing season isn’t long, so do these four things now.
- May is National Physical Fitness and Sports Month. If warmer weather is making you want to re-establish a workout routine, here are five lower-intensity, yet still effective, ways to do it.
- Mental Health Month also takes place in May. According to the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association National Health Index, on a list of the top 10 health conditions, major depression ranks second in Michigan. Find out what you can do to give your mental health some love.
- Like to bike? Find out the best spots to hit the trail in Traverse City, according to an insider.
- Start making your Memorial Day plans now to enjoy a stress-free long weekend later.
What’s on your May bucket list? Share with us in the comments.
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like:
Photo credit: John VanderHaagen