6 Healthy Ways to Ring in the New Year
| 3 min read
New Year’s Eve marks the end of a busy holiday season. Many people choose to celebrate the new year by hosting a party or attending one, but sometimes it’s nice to take a break from all of the stress that the holidays bring. This year, if you’re looking for an alternative to a New Year’s Eve party, try creating a healthier holiday tradition for you and your family.
Here are six healthy ways you can ring in the new year.
- Have a self-care night: The holiday season is full of family gatherings, gift buying and endless amounts of cooking and cleaning that can bring added stress to your life. Instead, take a break and practice self-care. Self-care is different for everyone! It can be as simple as having a calming bath or doing jelly facemasks with the whole family, or journaling and practicing mindfulness.
- Get active: Whether it’s on New Year’s Eve, at midnight or on New Year’s Day, celebrating with movement is a great way to celebrate the opportunity that the new year brings. This could be a studio class or an outdoor run, or a dance party at home. Seize the moment – there’s no time like the present to get active and start the new year with some endorphins.
- Celebrate with a countdown at noon: The countdown to the new year is many people’s favorite part of the New Year’s celebration, but it can be difficult to stay up until midnight to celebrate, especially if you have children. Instead of forcing yourself to stay up late, just celebrate the countdown at noon or at another time of your choosing. Find a New Year’s countdown online and ring in the new year when it works for you!
- Try mocktails: If you want to celebrate the new year by attending a party, don’t feel the obligation to drink alcohol. Drinking too much on New Year’s Eve and starting the new year with a hangover is no fun. Try making a cool mocktail to impress your friends and family.
Try making a midnight espresso martini mocktail or a spiced apple fizz mocktail and bring it to your New Year’s Eve party.
- Watch the sunrise: Instead of staying up until midnight to celebrate the new year, wake up and watch the sunrise. Watching the sunrise can be a way to clear your mind and feel serene. Then make a big, healthy breakfast to set your new year off to a great start.
- Look at 2022 memories: Many think that New Year’s Eve is for forgetting the previous year and starting fresh as the new year begins, however one way to celebrate is to look back at all the happy memories that you made in the last year. Print out pictures to make a 2022 memory book or turn digital memories into a photobook PowerPoint that you can share with friends and family. Looking at memories can be fun for the whole family and a wholesome way to ring in the new year.
Photo credit: Getty Images