Known as a triple-G wrap, this grilled green goddess wrap is loaded with fiber, protein, vitamins and antioxidants. This balanced breakfast or lunch recipe is perfect for those who follow a vegan lifestyle.
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 whole wheat wraps
- 4 sprigs green onion, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Spray oil
- In a blender, make the dressing: Combine basil, olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Add sundried tomatoes and drained and rinsed chickpeas to a bowl and pour dressing over it. Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Make the wraps. Lay out each wrap and top with avocado slices. Lightly mash avocado with a fork. Then line with two leaves of romaine and green onion. Top with chickpea mixture. Roll up the wraps, tucking in the sides.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-low heat and coat in spray oil. Once hot, add the wraps to the pan, grill until marks appear then flip and repeat on the other side. Enjoy!