Cherry Pie Overnight Oats
Breakfast is said time and time again to be the most important meal of the day. Overnight oats are a perfect breakfast for those rush-out-the-door mornings. Prepare this recipe a night or two ahead and you’re ready to take on a busy day.
Tart cherries, more so than sweet cherries, are known for providing a slew of health benefits. Boasting an impressive list of antioxidants, cherries can aid in inflammatory diseases such as heart disease and arthritis.
The oats pack in a healthy helping of fiber, bound to help you feel fuller for longer.
If you liked this recipe, try these:
- 4-ingredient Pancake in a Blender
- Where Brunch and Charcuterie Meet – And a Recipe for a Healthy Brunch Board
- Easy and Quick Edamame Power Bowl
Photo credit: A Healthier Michigan
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk or milk substitute
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup cherries, pitted and quartered
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. honey
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp. chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp. almond butter
Cherry Pie Overnight Oats - Serves 1
1. Combine and stir all ingredients except almond butter in a sealable container, such as a canning jar.
2. Add almond and peanut butter and gently stir to where it is not fully incorporated.
3. Leave overnight in refrigerator and enjoy!