Recipes to Celebrate Holidays in a Healthy Way
It’s officially here — the cozy season of delicious food, special gatherings and cookie exchanges. A holiday centered around food can certainly pose challenges to health goals.
It’s difficult to say no to a second helping of your favorite food, but there are ways to help keep your hunger and desire for more in check:
- Get enough sleep to keep hunger hormones at bay.
- Eat slowly and think about the flavors and textures of every bite to increase satisfaction.
- Wait 20 minutes before going back for seconds to let your brain register satiety.
While it’s good to keep the above in mind, bringing along a healthy dish to share can help you stay in control of your health goals. We’ve got you covered with a side dish, a flourless and butter-free cookie for an exchange and a crowd-pleasing appetizer:
- Arugula Pesto-Drizzled Roasted Acorn Squash
- You Won’t Believe It’s Chickpeas Holiday Cookies
- Blistered Shishito Peppers with Zesty and Creamy Tahini Sauce