Team Spirit Mocktails
Make these mocktails for your next virtual football-themed celebration and enjoy a fun drink without the alcohol.
Featuring fruit as sweeteners and seltzer for fizz, these mocktails cut excess added sugar. Our layered frozen strawberry and mango mockarita is sure to be a crowd-pleaser or you can opt for a muddled blackberry and strawberry mint mocktail. Scroll down for both recipes.
Looking for more health tips and ideas? A Healthier Michigan is ready to help:
- 3 “Mocktails” for the Entire Family
- Healthier Holiday Drinks
- Why Young Adults Are Abandoning Alcohol
Photo credit: Shanthi Appelö
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup water
- Juice from ½ lime
- 1 can mango, packaged in juice
- 1 cup ice
- 2 tsp. honey
Layered Strawberry Mango Mockarita
1. In a blender, place strawberries, water, 3/4 cup ice, lime juice and 1 tsp. honey. Blend until smooth and pour contents into a glass.
2. Rinse out blender and place can of mango and its juice and 1 tsp. honey in blender and 3/4 cup ice and blend until smooth.
3. Pour mango and strawberry mixtures into serving glasses in layers and slightly mix for a marbling effect.
4. Garnish with strawberry and mango.
- 1/4 cup blackberries plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup strawberries plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp. honey
- 5 fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup seltzer water
- ¼ cup filtered water
Muddled Strawberry Blackberry Mint Mocktail
1. Muddle fruit, honey and mint in a cocktail shaker.
2. Add lemon juice and 1/4 cup filtered water and shake to mix.
3. Strain mixture over two glasses with ice.
4. Top each with seltzer water.
5. Garnish with blackberry, strawberry and mint.