Don’t Let the Summer Heat Keep You from Exercising
Finding it hard to work out in the summer heat?
There are a lot of dangers associated with exercising in high summer temperatures. These can include:
- Heat cramps
- Heat exhaustion
Preventing Health Issues
While there are some serious risks that come along with summertime exercise, there are things you can do to make your physical exertion during this season a much safer and more pleasant experience. In order to make sure that you don’t overheat and put your health in danger, there are several precautionary measures that can be taken. These may include, but are not limited to:
- Remaining hydrated throughout your workout
- Wearing lightweight clothes
- Exercising in the shade or an air-conditioned location when possible
- Bringing a misting fan to continually cool yourself off
- Pacing yourself
- Changing the time you work out to the early morning or later in the evening when the sun’s rays are less powerful
The heat doesn’t need to stop you from working out but you do need to be mindful about switching up your routine a little bit so you don’t jeopardize your health.
How do you stay cool while exercising in the summer?
Photo credit: nd3000