Homemade Apple Chips
Many kids will ignore a whole piece of fruit in their lunch boxes, but if you replace an apple with apple chips, they’ll gobble it right up.
These chips are simple to make and can satisfy your child’s sweet tooth. Plus, they’re packed with fiber, vitamin C and other nutritious qualities.
Like this recipe? Here are some other tasty apple treats.
- Healthy Apple Cinnamon Muffins with Greek Yogurt
- Michigan Apple, Brie and Pesto Pizza
- Apple Pie Energy Bites
Photo credit: A Healthier Michigan
1. Core apples if desired.
2. Slice apples as thinly as possible (I use a mandolin).
3. Place on a greased baking sheet.
4. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
5. Bake at 225 degrees F for one hour.
6. Flip apple slices over and bake for 1 hour more.
7. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
8. Store in an airtight container.