Shrimp BLT Salad
This delicious dish is simple and easy to make.
Shrimp is a good source of lean protein, vitamin D and iron. Mixed greens are a rich source of folate, which is good for cellular health. Grape tomatoes provide fiber and vitamins A and C. Spices add great flavor to the shrimp while keeping sodium in check.
Looking for more recipes like this one? Try these:
- Grilled Romaine Caesar Salad Recipe
- Grilled Shrimp Fajita Foil Pack Recipe
- BLC – Bacon, Lettuce and Cherry Sandwich
Photo credit: A Healthier Michigan
1 Tbsp. paprika
1/2 Tbsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. plus a pinch cayenne pepper
Kosher salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 slices thick-cut bacon or turkey bacon, cooked and chopped
3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Juice of 1 lime
Pinch of sugar
4-6 cups mixed salad greens, chopped
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
Shrimp BLT Salad
1. Heat broiler. In a small bowl, combine paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne and season with salt and pepper.
2. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss shrimp with paprika mixture, then broil, flipping once, until pink, about 5 minutes.
3. Make dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, a pinch of cayenne, and a pinch of sugar until combined.
4. Add greens to salad bowl and top with shrimp, bacon, and tomatoes. Serve dressing on the side. Enjoy!
Nutrition Info per Serving:
1 serving = 1.5 cups
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat9.6 g
Saturated Fat1.9 g
Polyunsaturated Fat1.6 g
Monounsaturated Fat5.9 g
Total Carbohydrate4.2 g
Dietary Fiber1.7 g
Vitamin A20.2 %
Vitamin B-1218.8 %
Vitamin B-68.3 %
Vitamin C20.8 %
Vitamin D0.0 %
Vitamin E2.0 %
Pantothenic Acid2.9 %
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Inspired by Food Network