No Gym Membership? No Problem! 5 Exercises That Don’t Cost You a Dime
Let’s admit it, not everyone has the extra $20 a month or more to spend on a gym membership. But don’t let the cost hold you back from exercising — there are plenty of ways to stay fit outside the gym.
Here is just a tiny sample of all the activities you can try:
- Riding your bike: Take a scenic route and relax your mind while you burn off those calories
- Go to the playground with the family: Seems simple, right? You can do double-duty here and play with your kids while getting some exercise, such as playing catch or monkeying around on the playground equipment.
- Enjoy the beach: It’s a fun family activity, and swimming is a great way to stay in shape.
- Do work around the house: All the walking from room to room, bending, stretching and scrubbing is a good way to work up a sweat.
- Go for a walk: Even something as basic as walking is a great and simple way to lose weight. Go for a stroll around your neighborhood, and slowly increase the distance you cover as you become more comfortable.
What sorts of exercises do you like to do outside of the gym? Have they helped you meet your weight loss goals?
If you liked this post, you may also like:
- 5 Questions You Forgot to Ask Your Personal Trainer
- How to Transition from the Treadmill to Running Outside
- Improve your endurance: Exercises to keep your heart rate up and the pounds down
Photo credit: Bil Kleb