Michigan July Bucket List: 10 Ways to Make this Month Sizzle
It’s July and the living’s easy. Beach days, fruit and veggies from the garden, and perfect weather to explore all the popular tourist attractions and out-of-the-way spots that Michigan has to offer are just a few reasons we’re excited to kick off this hot month.
On our bucket list:
- Head to the most quintessential summer destination in the state, Mackinac Island. Work off the fudge you eat by taking a scenic bike ride all the way around.
- If you’re into fishing or cool historical places, Leland’s Fishtown makes for a fun day trip or extended vacation spot.
- Like cherries? The National Cherry Festival takes place every year at the beginning of July in Traverse City. Here are some fun, family-friendly ways to enjoy the event. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan is a proud sponsor.
- Lansing’s ARTpath is an off-the-beaten path experience for art lovers and novices alike. Plan a trip to the state capital to check it out for yourself.
- There’s nothing like fresh-picked veggies from the garden. If you don’t have a green thumb, here’s your summer produce shopping guide to figure out what’s in season and what you can score locally at your favorite farmers market.
- Test yourself by backpacking the gorgeous Manitou Islands. Here’s a step-by-step guide to meal planning, arranging a guide and travel and everything else you need to know.
- Plan a day of play at the Silver Lake Sand Dunes. Check out the video below for a potential fun way to spend your day.
- Keep it low-key by planning a barbecue or picnic. Keep the food safe by following these tips.
- Turn your beach day into a turbo-charged workout in the sand.
- Take advantage of summer’s slower pace and make time to recharge your mind and body.
What’s on your list for July? Share with us in the comments.
If you liked this post, you might also enjoy:
- The Ultimate Michigan Bucket List
- 5 Fun Facts About Michigan
- 25 Reasons to Be Happy You Live in Michigan During the Summer
Photo credit: A Healthier Michigan