Healthier Holidays: Mini Christmas Tree Snacks
Finding a festive, easy potluck dish isn’t always an easy task. This quick, healthier Christmas tree shaped snack uses ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen and won’t take you long to assemble.
During the holidays, it is easy to overindulge at every party you attend. That’s why it is important to bring a healthier dish to snack on and make sure to choose what foods you want to eat wisely. Filling your plate with low-calorie items, such as leafy green salads, vegetable dishes and lean proteins is a great technique to eating right. Find another family member or friend that wants to maintain a healthy diet during the holidays and help each other stay on track with your goals.
Photo Credit: A Healthier Michigan
- Naan, cut into triangle shapes
- Yellow pepper stars
- Carrots, diced
- Red and green bell peppers, diced
- Pretzel sticks
Pesto cream cheese spread
- 8 oz. of low fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. pesto
Mini Christmas Tree Snacks
1. Mix cream cheese and pesto. Spread on naan triangles.
2. Insert pretzel sticks into bottom of triangle. Decorate holiday tree with carrots and bell peppers. Enjoy!