Break Through a Workout Plateau with Podcasts
Struggling to stay motivated during your workouts?
If you find yourself going through the motions or counting the minutes until it’s over, finding a healthy distraction could help.
Enter podcasts. These produced digital audio files are put out by a variety of notable experts and companies and can take the form of interviews, narrative stories, or motivational sessions. Engaging – and distracting – your brain with a story while you sweat can make the time fly by, plus you might learn something new or be inspired in other areas of your life.
We rounded up some great health and wellness podcasts to get you started:
- Get-Fit Guy: Host Ben Greenfield helps listeners reach their fitness goals, whether that’s toning up or running a 5K.
- Happier: Bestselling author Gretchen Rubin provides practical advice about happiness and establishing good habits.
- TEDTalks Health: Doctors and researchers share the latest on everything from daily health habits to medical breakthroughs.
- Nutrition Diva: Learn how to change your eating for the better with simple tips from host Monica Reinagel.
- Healthy Moms: This weekly series aims to provide a path toward improving the health of your family, covering a wide range of topics including food, stress, and fitness.
- Half Size Me: Heather Robertson lost almost 170 pounds over five years. In this podcast, she shares some of her best advice on food, weight loss, motivation and more.
- The Rich Roll: A vegan ultra-endurance athlete, Rich Roll interviews a range of influencers working in fields such as health, nutrition and mindfulness.
- Pursuing Health: CrossFit Games athlete and medical student Julie Foucher talks to “influential and inspiring individuals who use lifestyle to support optimal health.”
- The Daily Boost: Quick hits of daily motivation and inspiration delivered by host Scott Smith.
Once you find a podcast you like, you can subscribe to get new installments and an endless supply of motivation. Make sure to check out A Healthier Michigan’s podcasts on Soundcloud.
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like:
- Ten Songs to Pump Up Your Workout Playlist
- Four Ways to Break Through Your Workout Plateaus
- Doing the Same Workout All the Time? Why You Should Shake Things Up
Photo credit: Patrick Breitenbach