Love Researching Symptoms Online? Avoid Self-Diagnosing Into the ER
| 3 min read
- Sore Throat: If your throat hurts, consider calling the 24-Hour Nurse Line for advice or to get personalized answers. An online doctor visit or retail health clinic can provide a prescription, if necessary. If it’s getting worse, you may want to head to urgent care.
- Vomiting: If the vomiting lasts for more than one day or if your nausea persists for more than a few days, contact the 24-Hour Nurse Line or schedule an online doctor visit.
- Coughing or Fever: These symptoms don’t necessarily mean you’ve come down with bronchitis; they can also show up with a cold or the flu. Set up an online doctor’s visit or head to urgent care in order to determine what your symptoms mean and to receive the proper treatment.
- Headaches: Consider calling the 24-Hour Nurse Line or set up an online doctor visit or in-person doctor’s visit if headaches persist.
- Stomach Ache: If you have severe abdominal pain that comes on suddenly or if a mild pain gets worse, contact the 24-Hour Nurse Line, set up an online doctor visit or head straight to urgent care if the pain continues.