Do you know your risk for colorectal cancer?
| 2 min read
- Older age – 9 out of 10 cases of colorectal cancer occur in individuals aged 50 and older.
- Personal or family history of colorectal polyps or cancer
- Personal history of inflammatory bowel disease
- Race/ethnicity – African Americans have an increased risk.
- Type 2 diabetes
- A diet high in red and processed meats
- Physical inactivity
- Heavy alcohol use
- Talk to your doctor about recommended screenings and immunizations.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Adopt a physically active lifestyle.
- Consume a healthy diet with an emphasis on plant sources.
- Limit your consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Consume the recommended levels of calcium.
- Avoid tobacco products.