Meditation Garden: Everything You Need to Create Your Own
| 3 min read
Health benefits of meditation
- Lower blood pressure
- Reduced feelings of pain
- Improved sleep quality
- Better management of anxiety and depression symptoms
Moving meditation outside
How to create a meditation garden
- Select a space that has some natural barriers for serenity. This can be a quiet corner of your yard, patio or deck. It can be under a tree for a natural canopy overhead, or in a spot surrounded by bushes or a hedge.
- Make sure it has a comfortable place to sit, recline or relax. This can be a big cushion on the ground, a chair or hammock.
- The colors should not be overly bright. Anything too eye-catching could distract from meditation and pull concentration away from your breathing.
- The same goes for sounds. They should be quiet and soothing.
- Think about a water feature. A fountain or the sound of water running over stones can help create a meditative space.
- Gardens can also be a path that you walk. Circular or curving outdoor corridors are great for meditative walking.
Can Gardening Improve Mental Health?
Mindfulness-Based Techniques to Calm Kids’ Anxiety