Don’t be SAD this Winter: Exercise to Fight the Winter Blues
| 2 min read
- Reduce anxiety and improve overall mood.
- Release “feel-good” brain chemicals (endorphins).
- Increase body temperature, which can provide calming effects.
- Improve confidence.
- Take your mind off of day-to-day worries.
- Go for a brisk walk, jog or bike ride.
- Put in an exercise DVD and follow along.
- Take an exercise class at your local fitness center.
- Call up a friend and exercise together.
- Put on some upbeat tunes and get dancing.
- Be active during the daytime (especially in the morning).
- Exercise in the sun or near a sunny window.
- Try a new winter activity like snowshoeing or skiing.