Blast from the Past: Old Throwback Games
| 2 min read
Do you ever think about what you were doing when you were a kid? When there were no smartphones, tablets or computers? What did you do during the summer with limited technology? You played! Years ago kids didn’t have the opportunity to dabble in tablets, phones and screens or download a game within seconds-they had to come up with games.
Thankfully these classic games have yet to be forgotten! Here’s a list of some fun favorites that will bring back childhood memories for you to share with your kids.
- Foursquare was a great recess game but you can easily make it a great driveway game. Just get some chalk, a ball that is able to bounce and four people and have some fun! If you need a refresher on how this game works you can get the official rules here.
- Kick the Can is a classic game that puts a spin on tag. Here’s what you need to do for Kick the Can.
- Capture the Flag is another great game like tag with a little bit of a twist. Kids are able to claim territories and try to steal the opposing team’s flags. For more information on Capture the Flag click here.
- Hopscotch is an absolute classic for some. Although this is a very simple game it’s great for teaching kids balance. If you need to learn how to play hopscotch or want to refresh your memory on how to draw it, please click here.
- Red Light, Green Light is a perfect game for anyone. It doesn’t matter if the kids playing are athletic or not, this game does not require any special skill. To learn how to play this game please be sure to check it out here.
- Simon Says is another game that kids at a very young age can get the hang of. The rules are simple.
Do you remember any classic games that you used to play when you were a kid? Please let us know in the comments!
If you enjoyed this, please take a look at our other posts:
Photo credit: mixetto