5 Michigan Ski Locations to Hit the Slopes at this Winter
| 2 min read
What is a Michigan winter without celebrating the cold, icy, snowy weather?
Here are five Michigan downhill ski locations to hit the slopes at and enjoy the snow before the weather takes a turn for the warmth of spring:
- Indianhead Mountain Resort in Wakefield, Mich. For our Upper Peninsula friends, this ski resort offers a variety of programs including lessons for beginners. Even better, with purchase of a ski pass to the Indianhead Mountain Resort, skiers gain access to the Blackjack Ski Resort with 56 trails, 410 skiable acres, 15 lifts and 3 terrain parks.
- Swiss Valley Ski Resort in Jones, Mich. Easily accessible from the north, south, east or west, Swiss Valley boasts 11 runs, seven lifts and the highest vertical foot peak in Southwest Michigan.
- Caberfae Peaks Ski Resort in Cadillac, Mich. This Northern Michigan resort offers discount prices for college students Monday, Wednesday and Friday during the season. On the off season, the resort hosts unlimited golf packages in what they call one of the most scenic golf courses in the area.
- Mt. Brighton Ski Resort in Brighton, Mich. This resort is perfect for skiers looking for a hill practically in Detroit’s backyard. In the 2015-2016 season alone, Mt. Brighton added weekday daytime and evening multi-week session, a women’s snowboard academy and a kids’ adventure zone.
- Cannonsburg Ski & Ride Area in Cannonsburg, Mich. This ski resort near our Grand Rapids friends and offers several terrain parks for adventurous riders. Not a fan of skiing? Cannonsburg also offers snow tubing and West Michigan’s only Zip Line Canopy Tour.
These are just are just a few of the many options available. Where else in Michigan do you like to visit for downhill skiing?
Looking to read more about skiing and winter sports? Check out these blogs:
Photo by: Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore