Michigan June Bucket List: 10 Ideas to Welcome Summer
| 3 min read
Sun, warmer temperatures, green leaves and grass, flowers, chirping birds – all signs point to a beautiful summer ahead in Michigan.
June ushers in opportunities for beach days, festivals, outdoor concerts and simply getting outside to explore places near and far in our gorgeous state. It’s also a great time to switch up your menu with fresh recipes and to work on your garden, big or small.
Here are some ideas to add to your bucket list for the month:
- Plan a trip to the stunning Lavender Labyrinth, located just minutes from the shores of Lake Michigan at Shelby’s Cherry Point Farm. The fragrant plants start blooming at the end of the month.
- Think it’s too late to plant a garden? There’s still time to make a salad garden on your patio or plant a small vertical garden to liven up your space. Enjoy your own bounty of fresh-grown veggies or flowers!
- Michigan is home to seven national treasures. June is the perfect month to explore one or more of our national parks, heritage areas or trails. The Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore is one of our favorites.
- There are fairs and festivals galore this month and throughout the summer. Choose your favorite and read our festival survival guide before you go to ensure you have a good time.
- Try kayaking. There are lots of inland lakes and rivers perfect for a paddle. Here are some tips for getting started.
- Make hydration fun. With warmer weather, it’s more important than ever to get your fill of hydrating water and fruits and vegetables. Try these refreshing recipes to sneak in extra vitamins, minerals and water.
- Invite friends over for a Michigan beer dinner. Enjoy brews made right in our fair state (in moderation, of course) and serve up this menu, which features recipes we collaborated on with Founders, Short’s and Arcadia.
- Have any concerts on your list for the month? You might want to seek one out as listening to your favorite tunes is good for your soul and your health.
- If you complained about a bitterly long, cold winter, get outside! Hop on a bike, get out on a boat or take a drive with your windows down – no matter how you explore Michigan this month, keep safety in mind. June is National Safety Month and we’ve got tips to keep you safe on two wheels, in the water or in the car.
- Finally, the slower pace of summer is the perfect time to unwind and take some time for yourself. We recommend investing in a hammock to optimize your hang time.
What are you up to this June? Let us know in the comments.
If you liked this post, you might also enjoy:
Photo credit: A Healthier Michigan