Flavorful shredded chicken for tacos gets less complicated in this slow cooker recipe. Chicken is sprinkled with taco seasoning then topped with canned tomatoes and chiles for a juicy aftermath.
- 1 ½ pounds skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 package low-sodium taco seasoning or (1/2p cayenne pepper, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. black pepper, 1 tsp. oregano, 1 Tbsp. cumin, 1 Tbsp. chili powder and salt to taste)
- 1 15-ounce. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can diced green chile peppers, drained
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Taco ingredients such as tortillas, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, onions, sour cream, pan-seared bell peppers, pickled jalapeños, salsa and black beans as desired.
- Lay chicken breasts flat in the bottom of the slow cooker. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with taco seasoning. Top with canned tomatoes and chiles and squeeze lime juice on top.
- Secure the lid and cook for 7-8 hours on low. Shred chicken and salt if necessary. Serve with tacos ingredients.